Powder coatings are a form of a coating that is applied to surfaces in dry powder form, composed of a mixture of resins, pigments, and other additives. Application is made through electrostatic charging of powder particles using a spray gun that causes them to adhere to the surface. The powder is then heated to high temperatures, causing the powder particles to melt and fuse together, forming a continuous film on the surface. Several applications of power coatings include automotive, architectural, furniture, appliances, and industrial equipment. They are known for their durability, chemical resistance, and environmentally friendly nature.
The "Global Powder Coatings Market Analysis to 2028" is a specialized and in-depth study of the chemicals and materials industry with a special focus on global market trend analysis. The report aims to provide an overview of the powder coatings market with detailed segmentation by resin type, coating technology and end-use industry. The report provides key statistics on the powder coatings market status of the leading powder coatings market players and offers key trends and opportunities in the powder coatings market.
Based on resin type, the global powder coatings market is segmented into thermoset and thermoplastic. Based on coating technology, the powder coatings market is segmented into electrostatic spray, and fluidized bed. Based on end-use industry, the powder coatings market is bifurcated into appliances, automotive, general industrial, architecture, furniture, and others.
- ?Due to excellent performance, low operating costs, color availability, and custom properties such as anti-corrosion and anti-bacterial functions, the high adoption of powder coatings in the furniture sector will drive the powder coatings market growth for the powder coating industry.?One of the fastest-growing markets for powder coatings is the architectural and building market, primarily due to the durability provided by powder coatings. With the wide variety of colors and finishes available in powder coatings, more and more construction companies are turning to powder coatings, to provide long-term exterior finishes for outdoor venues and public work projects. ?Powder coatings are used in a wide range of industries, including automotive, electronics, furniture, architectural, and general industrial, and these factors are propelling the powder coating market forward.
- ?Thermoplastic and thermoset resins are used as raw materials in powder coating production. Raw material price volatility affects powder coating raw material pricing and serves as a barrier to architectural coatings in building applications.
The report provides a detailed overview of the industry including both qualitative and quantitative information. It provides an overview and forecast of the global market based on various segments. It also provides market size and forecast estimates from the year 2019 to 2028 with respect to five major regions, namely; North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), the Middle East and Africa (MEA), and South America. The powder coatings market by each region is later sub-segmented by respective countries and segments. The report covers the analysis and forecast of 18 countries globally along with the current trend and opportunities prevailing in the region. The report analyzes factors affecting the market from both the demand and supply side and further evaluates market dynamics affecting the market during the forecast period i.e., drivers, restraints, opportunities, and future trends. The report also provides an exhaustive PEST analysis for all five regions namely; North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America after evaluating political, economic, social and technological factors affecting the powder coatings market in these regions.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON POWDER COATINGS MARKET
COVID-19 first began in Wuhan (China) in December 2019 and since then it has spread at a fast pace across the globe. The US, India, Brazil, Russia, France, the UK, Turkey, Italy, and Spain are some of the worst affected countries in terms of confirmed cases and reported deaths. COVID-19 has been affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business shutdowns. A shutdown of various plants and factories has affected the global supply chains and negatively impacted the manufacturing, delivery schedules, and sales of products in the global market. A few companies have already announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. In addition to this, the global travel bans imposed by countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America are affecting business collaborations and partnership opportunities.
The report covers key developments in the powder coatings market as organic and inorganic growth strategies. Various companies are focusing on organic growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Inorganic growth strategies activities witnessed in the market were acquisitions, and partnerships & collaborations. These activities have paved way for the expansion of business and the customer base of market players. The market payers from the powder coatings market are anticipated to have lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rising demand for powder coatings in the global market.
The report also includes the profiles of key companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies in the powder coatings market. In addition, the report focuses on leading industry players with information such as company profiles, components, and services offered, financial information for the last 3 years, the key development in the past five years.
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Axalta Coating Systems, LLC
- Jotun A/S
- Arkema S.A.
- Prominent Powder Pvt. Ltd.
- Tulip Paints
- The Powder Coating Institute
- Nivera Paints (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- IFS coating
- HMG Powder Coatings Limited
- OK Color.
- Bowker Machinery Ltd
- Thermaset Ltd
- Paramount Powders
- THOMAS HOWSE LIMITED
- Colour Dynamics
- Zhejiang Huacai Advanced Material CO., LTD.